Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Patching and Plastering
Reload this Page >

blending CGC Span-texture ceilings after a repair?‏

Old 07-21-16, 11:19 AM
H
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post

I have a Span-texture drywall ceiling in our downstairs office that I need to partially remove ceiling drywall strips so I can apply spray foam to the rim joists on the two exterior walls. I then want to re-install the cut pieces/strips, re-mud them and re-apply the Span-texture ceiling so that the patches blend in. Any advice on the best method to use so that the patches/strips blend in so that they are not visible to the eye?

Span-texture: https://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/e...-texture.html#

Spray Foam: https://www.lowes.ca/products/view.aspx?family=1194381

photo links of my ceiling:

Old 07-21-16, 11:56 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 98 Votes on 86 Posts
Practice, practice, practice. Use scrap pieces of drywall or cardboard until you think you have the savvy to move to the actual surface.

Old 07-21-16, 02:51 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 398 Votes on 354 Posts
Sounds like you'll have a good bit to texture so it would be best to use a hopper gun to spray it ..... assuming that's how the original texture was applied. Wouldn't hurt to post a pic of your ceiling's texture.

Old 07-21-16, 05:33 PM
H
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I believe the contractor I hired years ago did use a hopper to apply the Span-tex. I did post a pic of the texture, last one on my original post.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: