FibaFuse

Old 08-11-20, 12:19 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 292 Votes on 260 Posts
FibaFuse

Finally got to try FibaFuse and I'm really impressed! I'm not sure you could get an air bubble under it if you tried

Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-20, 02:36 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 586 Votes on 540 Posts
Tell me more. Any tips for working with it?
---
The sheet rock finishers who did my house did not get much mud under the tape on any of the inside corners and it's finally time to redo it all. In a week or two I'm going to bite the bullet and re-finish all the inside corners and repaint.

Old 08-11-20, 02:41 PM
Group Moderator
Received 638 Votes on 590 Posts
Yep, it's the best.

But its kind of a pain on inside corners. No crease like paper tape has.

Old 08-11-20, 04:52 PM
Group Moderator
Received 200 Votes on 178 Posts
How is it different than regular fiber tape? Is it sticky enough to stay in place?

Old 08-11-20, 04:59 PM
Group Moderator
Received 638 Votes on 590 Posts
It's not sticky at all. Fibafuse is like a fiberglass mat in roll form. You can practically see through it. You use it just like paper tape but it practically "melts" right into the mud as you wipe it down. As a result, I think it lays even flatter than paper tape does. I use it with regular Durabond when taping. Works great for plaster repair.

Old 08-11-20, 05:01 PM
T
Received 10 Votes on 9 Posts
FibaFuse is not ahesive. It must be embedded. It can be used in taping tools. It has two downsides. YOu are handling fiberglass and in angles it is easy to cut with a knife. I suppose with angle tools that is not a problem. There is a new version FibaFuse Max that has a stronger reinforcement and does crease into angles. I use nothing but FibaFuse. They also make a wide roll 36" wide. Sometimes when doing a cut behind a plumber I use a piece of the wide stuff cut larger than the patch and cover the whole new piece of rock. I think it is faster than putting up foru strips. It also dries quicker. I agree with xsleeper.

Old 08-11-20, 05:50 PM
Group Moderator
Received 200 Votes on 178 Posts
Do you guys like it better than using paper tape and a banjo? (I love my banjo and never get air bubbles when I use it)

Old 08-12-20, 03:29 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 292 Votes on 260 Posts
It has two downsides. YOu are handling fiberglass and in angles it is easy to cut with a knife.
The handling fiberglass part didn't bother me any. I did have to discard one short run where I lost my balance on the bucket I was standing on and the edge of my knife cut the tape. With hand taping it didn't seem like the fibafuse rolled out as easily as paper tape does .... but maybe it was just me. I plan to use paper tape on the inside corners.

Old 08-12-20, 08:36 AM
T
Received 10 Votes on 9 Posts
I no longer do production work, only repair and restoration. I think it will work fine in a banjo. I just don't use one. There is a Facebook group called FibaFuse users. There is a fellow who posts videos there a lot. His video production is not the best but he sure hypes FibaFuse a lot and I think he uses automated tools. He also has developed some tricks I had not thought of. Join Facebook then search in groups for FibaFuse.