Plaster Wall Repair

Old 08-14-22, 10:29 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Plaster Wall Repair

I had a plaster crack that ended up being a much larger repair as seen in these photos. This is the brown coat of plaster, which will be followed by a finish coat. The plaster was put on 4 days ago and is dry. My questions are why the color isn't uniform and why are there tiny cracks in the lighter areas and is that anything to be concerned about. Using Structo-Lite gypsum plaster. I have 2 photos to illustrate what's happening, but can't figure out how to attach.

I'm new to this forum and haven't been able to figure out how to attach pictures. If anyone out there can help me, I would really appreciate it.

Old 08-14-22, 11:19 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,165 Votes on 1,123 Posts
There's a Sticky at the top of each forum showing how to add pictures.

Old 08-14-22, 11:38 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
When I click "Go Advanced" it doesn't give me any of the options that the Sticky says I should get to attach pictures.

Last edited by XSleeper; 08-14-22 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-14-22, 08:41 PM
T
Received 34 Votes on 28 Posts
Without seeing the pictures, I have a hunch that your StructoLite had dried out without setting. StructoLite is notorious fo setting slowly. There are some things you could have, shold have done to hurry the set. But now try mixing some alum in water until you get a pucker your mouth concentration when you taste it. Grocery store alum is expensive in the quantity you need. Get it at a garden center in fertilizer grade get ALUMINUM SULFATE NOT ammonium sulfate. Spray this solution until the surface is wet then do it again and again and again. Let it soak in each time. Now remember I have not seen your pictures. I may have different advice once I see them.

Old 08-15-22, 10:19 AM
T
Received 34 Votes on 28 Posts
What substrate is behind the new plaster? Wood lath? Gypsum lath, similar to drywall but not the same? Metal lath? Masonry of some kind?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: