Patching a small area in my wall

Old 07-06-01, 09:49 AM
texastrees
Visiting Guest
I put my recliner too close to the wall in my house. The wall now has a scrape about 3 inches long and 2 inches wide. Is there anyway to patch this and repaint this area without painting the whole wall?

Old 07-09-01, 07:25 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool

That usually depends on how old the paint on the wall is, and if you can take a sample chip to a paint store that can do computer matching of paint colors.
You can probably spackle or compound and sand the scrape smooth, prime it, and paint it to match the rest of the wall IF you can get a paint mixed to match it.
Otherwise, it's paint the whole wall.
Good Luck! (BTW, what part of TX are you from? I'm originally from Gladewater up near Longview in the Northeast Texas oilfield.)

Old 07-10-01, 04:22 AM
texastrees
Visiting Guest
Thank you Oldguy

Thanks for the advice. I'm a novice when it comes to home repair stuff like that, but I love trying to do it myself. I'm from Longview. My parents now live on the great big Lake Devernia in Gladewater! What a coincidence. I plan to get back to east Texas as soon as I can.

Old 07-10-01, 05:04 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool

Small world.
My grandmother lived on a Gulf oil lease out near the spillway (under the railroad tracks) for Lake Devernia (flows into the Sabine River bottoms).
My mother and sister (from Gladewater) now live in Galveston. Both of my sisters were UT/Austin grads (one now deceased). I was a grad at Univ. of North Texas (Denton), but attended Kilgore College first. I used to work for Weyerhaeuser, the big forest products company, in public relations.
Good Luck with the wall repair and your future D-I-Y.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: