regrouting bathroom floor

Old 08-22-01, 06:56 PM
Visiting Guest
When my "then" husband remodeled the bathroom, he used very expensive Italian tile and grouted it with wall grout, instead of floor grout. He said it didn't matter.Well small portions of it have crumbled,cracked, fell out,absorbed moisture, discolored,etc. Being newly divorced, with 2 kids in college, I am forced to tackle this on my own. Home depot stated I must remove all the grout, and regout and sold me tools.Well I was able to remove the crumbly stuff,but that's about it. I have been using this little grout saw, but the only thing that seems to be happening is I'm developing carpal tunnel...HELP!!

Old 08-22-01, 11:52 PM
Visiting Guest
Wink regrouting floors

You Go Girlfriend,
It sounds like you made a very smart move by dumping the guy! I was regrouting my counter tops and bought the same "saw" at Home Depot. Based on my time frame, I figure your project should take you about 2 years. You may want to go to a "tile store" that also installs tile and see if they have a tool you can buy or rent. It seems to me that there was a circular type of saw/blade that is made for this job. Good luck.

Old 08-23-01, 06:39 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool

Go find a Dremel tool.
It has an attachment for rockin' and rollin' on grout.
Good Luck! Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: