ceiling

Old 08-30-01, 01:43 AM
Visiting Guest
My ceiling has textured swirls....I had to patch a water damage in the corner..
which that was a success.. I have sanded the rest of the ceiling so I can re-apply texture material but whenever I apply the new material it absorbs into the old and it makes it bubble and when I go to texture with a sponge the old texture comes back onto the sponge....I am using spalkling to do this...is this the wrong material to use? What is the right material to use? And where there was water damage [brown leakage] at the edges it bleeds thru also....so what do I need to prevent the bleed thru?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-01, 06:43 AM
Visiting Guest
Question Tile over brick fireplace

Can I tile over a brick fireplace (floor to ceiling with hearth)? If yes, where can I find instructions? Thank you!

Old 11-27-01, 02:40 PM
Visiting Guest
It sounds like you have a problem with something under the original texture. I would recommend using a sealer like Binz shellac base sealer, applied with a sponge by blotting it on the affected area. Allow it to dry, (which won't take very long, just a few minutes), then re-texture. Also, the Binz sealer will take care of the brownish water stains you mention. It's a much better product than Kilz, which stinks to high heaven, and will drive you out of the room you're using it on.

Search this Thread