Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Patching and Plastering
Reload this Page >

stucco/concrete layer over masonry foundation

stucco/concrete layer over masonry foundation

Old 09-03-01, 02:59 PM
Jacksprat
Visiting Guest
Question

Project: Office in the forest for wife
Project Manager: wife
External finish: Board and Batton

The site is in a partialy shaded location, temperature varies from minus 15 F to 95 F above with high humidity.

Have looked at pine, cedar, hemlock, composite material, etc. It is going to be finished, ideally, with a deep penetrating stain.

Does anybody have a suggestion as to the best material for the application.
Thanks
Jack

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-02, 06:15 AM
angelalutz
Visiting Guest
Question stucco/concrete layer over masonry foundation

I am contemplating changing the exterior appearance of our home. Currently, we have 14" vertical exterior masonry lines on the foundation walls. These lines make it difficult to paint and do not have any idea how to hang exterior shutters flush onto the outside sides of the windows. $ is tight and do not want to spend alot of $ but would like to hang shudders to take away the plain look of the front of the house. Had a concrete man out here who said he could concrete in the T 11 30 year old wood gables and fill in the gaps to give a smooth look to the front of the exterior walls of the home. His price was $ 900. Should I do this? Have many concerns. First, what are the chances of this overlay cracking or falling off? Is this technique common and can it be successful? Are permits required? What should I ask? To save the $ are the other alternatives to hanging exterior shudders> Any help or advice is appreciated.