non-fogging goggles

Old 03-25-02, 09:31 AM
Visiting Guest
non-fogging goggles

I'm removing lath and plaster from my bathroom, and I can't keep it up for more than a few minutes as my safety goggles get so fogged up!! between the mask I am wearing to avoid breathing any of the junk, to covering my eyes, which are extremely sensitive, I can't seem to get any work done!!
Does anyone have any tips to unfog the goggles??

thanks!

Old 03-26-02, 04:22 AM
arthropod98
Visiting Guest
they have products specifically designed for this. also, i THINK i've heard of people smearing a little dishsoap on goggles to prevent fogging. if this isn't the product that's used, someone please correct me!

Old 03-26-02, 04:49 AM
Group Moderator
Received 266 Upvotes on 217 Posts
Try Fog-X, by same co that makes Rain-X. Should find it in automotive section at local stores.

Old 04-04-02, 09:39 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
DEFOG GLASSES

Hi;
I assume that you are using the full encompassing glasses and not safety glasses which I prefer.

Some tricks you could use are to rub some toothpaste on the inside of the glasses, or you can use baby shampoo. DO NOT USE DISHSOAP!!!!!! IT WILL STING THE HECK OUT OF YOUR EYES!!!!!(sorry A!)
Be sure to wash off the glasses after applying these materials by rinsing in fresh water, and let dry before wearing. This will leave a film on the lens which will inhibit the fogging effect.
These may sound strange but I use either of these all the time on my masks when I scuba dive and it works! Saves spending money on defogger!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: