repair window ledge

Old 03-28-02, 08:07 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Cool repair window ledge

I would like to know how to repair a window ledge. I think the ledge is cement or stucco. The house is cement blocks with stucco. Part of the ledge has broke off. Can I use quickcrete to fix it. Do I have to use a mold of some kind. I am very good at repairing things around the house but this has me stumped.
Thanks for any help
Old 04-06-02, 01:04 PM
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: NE Conus
Posts: 491
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

When you say a part has broken off , is it a corner, middle,large or small? This is usually a easy job.
You will need some sort of containment for the patch whatever you do. Some clamps and wood for a middle patch will do or a corner form to fit the corner! Quickcrete can be used but it will probable come out a different color usually a shade of light grey. As a sample of what may have to be done look at this site;
I only offer this site as they give a good idea as what has to be done while selling their own product.
You can use concrete colors, available at most hardware outlets, that may match your original sills but remember they are weathered and a new patch will probably stand out. Be prepared to paint your sills to give uniformity.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: