home addition problem

Old 04-23-02, 07:22 AM
bob78
Visiting Guest
home addition problem

I am new to this board so I don't know if this is the correct place to put my post but I think it fits..I am adding on to my house. My existing house was on a crawl space and the addition is on a slab(there where good reasons for this). Any ways my slab contractor did not get the new floor exact with the old floor. The new floor is about 3/4 inch higher than the existing floor. I have carpet in the existing room and am wanting to put carpet in the addition but don't want to be able to tell it was an addition. Is there something that I can do? Any ideas would be appreciated. I was wondering if there was something out there that I could use to slope from the new floor out about 4 or 5' onto the existing floor. I don't think you would notice 3/4" of a slope over 4 or 5 foot. I don't know for sure and don't know what product I could use to do this.... The existing room is 12X12 and the new room is 12X12... Thanks for any adivce

Old 04-25-02, 12:22 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I have seen floor leveling compound used to feather out a 3/4 tile transition underneath carpet. It was only about a foot or so. Not sure about the size you are proposing.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: