bathroom floor

Old 05-07-02, 12:32 PM
joanna jacobs
Visiting Guest
Question bathroom floor

i just bought my house and doing most of the fixing up on my own. i have noticed that my bathroom floor is missing most of the grout between the tiles. do you know the easiest way to fix this? i have never grouted before, so i really don't know. any help would be great. thanxx.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-02, 01:49 PM
Danman
Visiting Guest
I would suggest removing any existing grout. Maybe use a dremel tool with a grout attachment and remove the grout. Then vacume with a wet/dry vac and clean the area and they regrout and apply sealer. I'm not sure if that is the easiest way of removale, but you don't want to grout over any existing grout that may not be bonded very well and make you new job look bad. Grouting is not very hard to do.

Last edited by Danman; 05-07-02 at 04:50 PM.
Old 05-07-02, 03:55 PM
joanna jacobs
Visiting Guest
thanxx

thank you. i know my father-in-law has a dremel tool. i'll have to ask him for it. i appreciate it.

Old 05-07-02, 08:33 PM
Danman
Visiting Guest
They make a special attachment for the tool that holds it at a certain angle and you can rest the base of the attachment on the tile. It helps because you dont want to nick the tile.

Old 05-08-02, 04:51 AM
There is also sold is the tile section of most home supply stores a small tool for removal of grout. It is a handle with a small carbide abrasive blade which helps pull out the old grout, assuming the tiles are set with a wide enough grout line for the blade to enter between the tile. This is an inexpensive tool and I imagine it is easier to control than a dremel tool (however I have never tried the Dremmel tool in this manner.