Afraid of Rain Storms

Old 07-28-04, 08:56 AM
eobrien
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Afraid of Rain Storms

Although crate training is going well with my 4 month old Pug, I've realized lately the accidents occur when it rains/thunders. How can I help this if I'm not home? When I am there I tell him it's okay take him out give him a treat and he's find, but I'm not there during the day and in the 4 hours he's in the crate between breakfast time and lunch (when he goes out again) he pees in his crate. Any suggestions?

PS - I do keep music playing in the background. Do you think a mini TV would be comforting?

Old 07-28-04, 07:42 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
A television may help as might a blanket in the crate for nesting. Four hours is a bit long for a 4 month old dog to control the bladder, just about the limit of what might be expected ideally.

As far as the thunder is concerned, it still bothers my dogs at 6 six years old. They will whine and want to go bark at the monster. Up until she was three years old, Tess was frantic about the thunder unless I let her out of the crate. I think that being confined bothered her.

Old 08-29-04, 01:30 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Missing Door

Howdie ya'll, Ya'll think ya'll have problems? I went to the store one day, maybe was gone about an hour, quick southern storm blew in, with some good-ole-GA-THUNDER in it, well I have a German Sheppard that does not like storms! I live in a house trailer, and when I got back home, my front door(THE WHOLE DOOR-DOOR JAM and Screen door), was layin in the front yard. She does not like storms to this day, and she will soon be 11 years old, and seems to be gettin worse, too. Oh well, my wife got her a new front door with a VIEW! HE-HE, Isn't life wunderful? Bullfrog

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: