Calling all maine coon or norwegian forest cat owners...miaow...

Old 08-18-04, 12:44 PM
loulou
Visiting Guest
Question Calling all maine coon or norwegian forest cat owners...miaow...

Hi there
I am considering buying either a maine coon or NF kitten.Are there any cat lovers out there that have these breeds and can tell me which they think make the most suitable pet.i am looking for a character,loving,talkative,mischievous and a BIG cat etc
Thanks in advance
=^..^=
~

Last edited by loulou; 08-19-04 at 08:56 AM.
Old 09-19-04, 12:46 PM
aomeara
Visiting Guest
Maine Coon Cats

Dear Lou Lou,

I am a former owner of a beloved Maine Coon, and have had cats all my life.

My Maine Coon was the largest most intelligent cat I have ever owned. I still miss that cat (since 1980!).

Their intelligence is remarkable. Mine use to love to "fetch" and would actually bring items for me to throw. He could open doors by the handle and his favorite thing was to jump as high as he could....fishing line held up above him with a toy or if something was tacked to the wall he would actually charge and climb the wall.

He loved to visit neighbors, and would somehow get up to the second floor balcony and visit the older neighbors on a daily basis.

When the female cat in the house had babies, (he was not the father) this nuetered male took it upon himself to watch over those babies, actually bathing, carrying them back to the mother when they left their box, and babysat when she would take a break. When she gave birth he watched the whole event with us.

They are elegant, large cats, sensitive to you and their surroundings.

Let me know how you do!

Aimee

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: