Bark!!! (Dogs Barking Constantly)

Old 02-14-05, 10:32 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Bark!!! (Dogs Barking Constantly)

hi
I have a neigboor that has 2 doberman pintcher and all day they bark non stop.
they start at 6 am till 7 pm
I ask him to do something about it but no result.
I call the pet control and still nothing.
I told my neigboor if he does do anything with his dogs i could cure them from barking for about 50 cents.

what can i do???????????

pg

Old 02-14-05, 01:23 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If you've talked to the person to no avail then start calling to police. there are also ultra-sonic devices on the market that could deter the barking but I have never used one myself.

Old 02-14-05, 03:15 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
The first step that is usually recommended is to attempt to talk with the neighbors about the problem. Dogs usually bark because they feel lonely & bored. Neighbors may not be aware of the problem. The downside of this is that they will know who filed complaints if you move on to the next step.

There are probably ordinances where you live about nuisances, noise, and barking dogs. You can find out what the local ordinances are and send a letter to the neighbor and explain what these are. If conversation with neighbor and letter are not effective and turning up the radio do not resolve the problem, contact the local police. Continue to call until something is done. This will not be a high priority for the local police, so it may take a while for them to get out to witness the barking dogs. Thus, repeat calls may be necessary. If dogs are not barking when authorities drive by, then you will have to continue to call until they come when dogs are barking.

Talk with other neighbors to see if they are disturbed. If there are more neighbors who are disturbed, you stand a better chance of getting some action. You may want audio and video tapes to substantiate your case. Keep a diary of disturbances. The dog must bark repeatedly for 10 minutes or intermittent episodes lasting a minimum 30 minutes in some places to establish violations. Find out about your local ordinances and procedures for dealing with violations and filing complaints. Some areas, after 3 complaints have been filed, and failure to abate the barking will result in either an immediate order to impound the animal or by issuing a citation into circuit court for failure to comply with the abatement order. Again, you need to learn what local ordinances and procedures are for dealing with the problem.

Old 02-15-05, 05:29 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
hi
Thanks for the feedback.
I talk to the owner and suggest to have the dog inside when they leave or have barking collar on them and he replied "yeah, yeah".
I know the other neighbor are complaining also and there fedup with it.
Wil contact city official and setup a petition.
Thanks again for the advice

pg

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: