best way to dispose of dog waste

Old 05-04-05, 09:54 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
best way to dispose of dog waste

Hello-

We have just moved from a house with almost 2 acres of land that had about 3/4 of an acre fenced - mostly in woods - to a house with almost no woods and only a 1/2 acre total. So needless to say, our Golden's area has been considerably downsized. It is also mostly all very nice manicured St. Augustine grass. This makes seeing the watse and scooping very easy. So we have decided that scooping and disposing is the way to go. We have a small creek in the back yard, so spreading in the few natural areas we have is out of the question. Also, we don't want to put it in with our domestic garabage because we don't want the smell in there. Any ideas? We have seen the dog septic tanks but I'm also worried about smell with this - and also location of it due to the creek in the back. I'm not putting it in the front yard...and the side yard on both sides is virtually non-existant.

Thanks for any ideas!

Rick

Old 05-04-05, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator
Received 52 Votes on 48 Posts
Rick,

Removing from your property as quickly as possible is the healthiest thing you can do.
If you were to bag it then seal the bag the smell should be kept to a minimum.
Perhaps a small dispenser for bathroom sized disposable garbage bags would work.

Old 05-05-05, 03:04 AM
T
Recycle the plastic grocery bags from your shopping. Scoop and put in bags and tie to seal and drop in garbage can outdoors.

Old 05-17-05, 07:33 PM
debbielee
Visiting Guest
I have done what twelvepole suggested and I haven't had a problem with any odor. Just be sure to tie the bag with a tight knot. I also will scoop the poop with a garden trowel, bring it indoors and flush it.

Old 07-30-05, 03:59 PM
jtroublesw
Visiting Guest
I have been a fan of the grocery bag method myself....

FYI the recommended ways to dispose of pet feces is burning or trash- NOT flushing. This is because some of the parasites that dogs carry, especially puppies i.e roundworm, are not killed by our sanitation process, and are contagious to humans....eww

Old 07-30-05, 08:00 PM
D
take a look at these if you don't want to seal bags

http://radiofence.com/doggie_dooley.htm

Old 07-31-05, 08:22 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 9 Votes on 5 Posts
Question Am Curious...

Originally Posted by jtroublesw
I have been a fan of the grocery bag method myself....

FYI the recommended ways to dispose of pet feces is burning or trash- NOT flushing. This is because some of the parasites that dogs carry, especially puppies i.e roundworm, are not killed by our sanitation process, and are contagious to humans....eww
After reading this I am curious as to where you live, since they recommend flushing in our area. I am wondering why your sanitation would not kill the parasites and such, since ours does...

Just Curious...

RhainyC

Old 08-03-05, 06:14 PM
jtroublesw
Visiting Guest
Red face

chicago...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: