HELP !!!! SPCA bound

Old 08-11-05, 05:27 PM
lablover
Visiting Guest
Angry HELP !!!! SPCA bound

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, I just came across it by chance. I am really hoping someone on here can help me. We have 2 labs, Rocco is our 1 year old yellow male, and Mona is a 9 month old black female. Rocco has always been a little hyper.

We are in the process of moving to another state. I really think Rocco is sensing something is going on.

My problem now is... we can't get Rocco to go in his crate. He has been crate trained since day 1. Last week, my granddaughter accidently closed his tail in his crate, since then, he is scared to death of his crate. We tried moving the crate to another room, I leave a trail of treats across the floor and into the crate, nothing works. I am at my wits end. I cannot leave him out with the run of the house. My husband is ready to take him to the pound tomorrow morning. We were supposed to go out this evening to visit friends, but I couldn't go because of this problem.

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!

Old 08-11-05, 06:15 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Its just a thought,but how about trying another crate? A different size or shape may make him feel more at ease.I hope everything works out,good luck

Old 08-12-05, 08:32 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
I would start over with the basics of training and include crate training with it. Going throught the things a dog knows is good practice and can create a good environment for him. At 1 year, he is still a puppy. You have to assert control, so the training he already has will be the best place to start.

Old 08-14-05, 02:27 PM
C
I once adopted a 1 yr old German Shepherd- previous owner had her in a crate almost 24/7, so for us she wouldn't go into one. Instead, we would put her in our small bathroom when we went out. Bathroom is 9' x 3', small enough that she wouldn't pee/poop in there since they don't go where they sleep. This wouldn't help with the move though. But keeping the dog in a small room instead of a crate might help once you have settled in to your new place. Good Luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: