Puppy marked suade furniture.

Old 10-18-05, 03:22 PM
scicobune
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Puppy marked suade furniture.

I need help I have suade furniture, and my 9 month oul puppy has started marking it. Can anybody give me a method to take out the stain and the left over odor. Please!!!

Old 10-19-05, 06:21 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
Is it actual suede leather or an imitation? No insult intended here, as I have seen some fake stuff that really looked nice, but the actual material determines how to clean it. If it's actually leather, the job gets tougher. If it's not, go to a pet store and get an enzyme pet stain remover. Obviously, you have to get the dog to stop as well.

Old 10-19-05, 07:17 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 12 Upvotes on 7 Posts
Enzyme cleaners are the way to go when it comes to getting the smell out. They are the only thing that actually works to do this. The enzymes actually eat the bacteria that cause the smell.

As for the cleaning and care for the suede, if it is real suede (no offense meant as JMC said) you can normally brush it up and get the nap to return to almost normal once you have cleaned it.

Otherwise, I suggest a professional cleaner to come and clean the stained furniture. That way you have the best possible job done.

As for the puppy, you need to get her into obedience training ASAP, and this will help solve the marking issue, once she is trained. You should also crate train her so that when you are not around, she is safe in her crate, and not able to mark the furniture.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by RhainyC; 10-19-05 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Forgot to add something

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: