Invisible fence?

Old 12-02-05, 04:07 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Invisible fence?

Hi -

We've used invisible fence with our pug mix for the last nine years, and it has worked fine. ( We bought the system from HD and installed it ourselves).
The problem, and my question -
We had the lawn aerated for the last two years , and it has cut the fence both years..... at this point, we are tired of rerunning the wire each year and have contacted the Invisible Fence people, and asked them if their installation is deep enough so that aerators do not cut it, but have received lukewarm answers... ( I know that the wire area can be marked, but we would like to be able to aerate our whole lawn each year)
Has anyone used an invisible fence system, and aerated their lawns, without the wires getting cut? We know that we cannot reinstall the existing system, as the system does not work correctly if the wire is buried too deeply.
I really like the open feel that an invisible fence allows, versus a standard fence...

Blessings,

Debbie

Old 12-04-05, 11:48 AM
I just have to mention the fact that invisible fences can have serious downsides. While it keeps your pug in, it doesn not keep anyone/thing else out! This can create a situation where other animals or people can: 1. hurt your pet 2. take your pet or 3. possibly the most damaging, tease your pet. Invisible fence systems are, however, perfect for people who supervise their animal's outdoor time 100% anyway, as we all should. An alternative to the buried line fencing offered by Invisible Fence is the transmitter offered by RadioFence http://www.radiofence.com/instant_fence.htm This may be a good option for you.

Old 12-06-05, 02:54 PM
D
Thanks! I'll check it out - my pug thanks you too!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: