She pee's the bed???

Old 03-30-06, 01:21 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
She pee's the bed???

We have an 8 month old Dachund. She is wonderful and housetrained. the only thing is that sure enough every morning we let her out of her house and she has peed the bed. She goes to bed when we do. We can't let her sleep with us because she pee's in our bed too withought even asking. I can't get mad at her for peeing in her bed because I don't see her do it and I don't think it's something she can help. I really don't know. Is there any advice out there? is this normal?

She also pees a little when she gets in trouble.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-06, 03:40 PM
R
this is a hard one... i'm assumeing when you say house and bed you have her in a large crate. i have a st bernard that.. i bought the biggest crate i could find for.it was too big so she didn't mind taking a wiz in her crate. once she grew into her crate "just big enough for her to walk into and turn around and lay down in she stopped, just taking a shot in the dark here...but it sounds like your pup is house broke (sort of) and is trying to hide it. in her bed . try using something to make the crate smaller like a box in the back 1/2.. cutting water off 1 hour before bed time and make sure she goes before you bring her in...and when she does go outside let her know what a good girl she is... good luck.. .its a hard battle...but being timely and consistent its a one that can be one

Old 03-30-06, 10:53 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 9 Votes on 5 Posts
Another thing that you must consider is the size of her bladder and ability to physically hold it all night. I would suggest putting piddle pads in the back of her crate, rather than blocking it off. This will help her go someplace *ok* rather than on her bed. Then it will come in handy if she has to go traveling or such as she will know it is *OK* to piddle on the pads, but not anywhere else.

Also, be sure that she is healthy and does not have any urinary tract issues as well.

Just a thought, we have two Pomeranians that cannot hold their water more than about 6 hours at best.

Old 03-31-06, 12:34 PM
Even when she was in her very small travel crate (which is what we started her in when she was a pup) she still had this problem. I change the towels every day but she still requires bathing once a week. I don't know what to do. Her coat is still very nice but I fear this frequent bathing will have ill effects if it continues. We tried her back in her old crate for a week but she peed and sleeped in it anyway. I am getting frustrated. We love her so much and she is so good. Any more advice would be well met.

Old 04-01-06, 10:17 AM
If you haven't already, ask your vet for a thorough evaluation. Aside from her small bladder size, she may have other issues like a urinary tract infection or a weak sphincter muscle in her bladder. Some female dogs who have been spayed develop sleep incontinence, but usually when they are older.

You may want to try a doggie diaper--it won't stop the problem, but it might make your clean ups easier until you can figure out what the root of the problem is.

Some folks take up the water bowl and hour before bed time, but I think that's just mean. I wouldn't want to go without it if I got thirsty during the night.

Old 04-01-06, 10:20 AM
Oops-- forgot about your last comment--This isounds like submissive or fear wetting-- a real training issue.

There are a lot good behaviour books out there that offer advice on helping your pup to be more confident without turning into a brat.