Flooring section material for puppy pen flooring

Old 12-05-20, 04:59 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Flooring section material for puppy pen flooring

We’re getting a French Bulldog puppy ( 8 week male) and wanted to put down some water proof/easy clean material in his pen area.

My GF’s mother said she previously used a section of linoleum for such purposes.

I was going to just do this - get a 6’x8’ section from Home Depot and cut it to size but just wanted to ask other dog owners if they have other suggestions.

Old 12-06-20, 03:04 AM
Received 488 Votes on 452 Posts
we always used a scrap piece of carpet or throw run in the cages

Old 12-06-20, 07:42 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 9 Votes on 5 Posts
Beedoola,

We have used linoleum in the past and it's a good call, we put puppy pads in one end to encourage housebreaking/pad training behaviour.

Congrats on your new Frenchy, I adore the breed though they are stubborn and can be a handful if not trained early and well.

Do keep us posted!

Old 03-09-21, 11:02 AM
M
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
in my particular case those puppy pads were about as good as a limp dick. not only would the puppy not use the pads, she'd chew on them (until taken away).
what they are good for is automotive fluid changes because they soak up liquids well.

carpet is porous and linoleum may be too slippery so for the play area I got the thickest plastic sheeting, doubled it over, then put weatherproof turf over that. it's cheap so I'll throw it out when I move and any urine (none so far knock on wood) won't get through to the pergo floors that wharp up if a drop of water hits and the turf is grippy so the dogs paws don't slip

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: