HP612 problem

Old 08-23-04, 08:31 PM
coolball1
Visiting Guest
HP612 problem

After taking a picture with my digital camera, it froze up. Now I can't get it to do anything. On the view screen there is three bars-red,green and blue. It flashes intermitently but that's it. I tried putting in new batteries but it didn't work. The only way to shut it off is to remove the batteries. Is this a trouble code or something? help....

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-04, 11:40 PM
HPs service center. A good place to start.

This is where you can troubleshoot your Camera. HP has a pretty good self service area & if you don't find the problem they will answer your e-mail toot-sweet.

It sounds like some type of trouble code, but just start at the begining, & let's hope it's a simple fix.

http://search.hp.com/query.html?col=...HP612&oc=19571

Old 08-24-04, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator
coolball1,

I agree that the answer to your problem will lay with HP.

As a long shot though, I have had my Fuji do strange things when the memory card needs to be reformatted.
I have a couple of cards and if I don't treat my spare card right, it gets zapped and needs reformatting.
On the Fuji, reformatting is found through the "view picture" mode.

Old 08-25-04, 09:29 PM
coolball1
Visiting Guest
HP tells me it's a known hardware problem and has offered me some options. It falls under needing to be serviced by a tech. or replaced. Thank you for the link, I had a response within 30 minutes from hp

Thanks again!

Old 08-26-04, 08:46 AM
HP Service

Hi coolball1

Sorry to hear about the Camera. Hopefuly you will get it fixed quickly, & have many long shooting adventures with it in the future.

Glad we could be of help.

Old 08-26-04, 07:56 PM
coolball1
Visiting Guest
I have chosen an upgrade to the 935xi (5.3mp!)which should be great! Digital technology just keeps getting better

Thank you again for the help

Old 12-28-04, 08:46 PM
traceyje
Visiting Guest
did you ever get an answer?

Originally Posted by coolball1
After taking a picture with my digital camera, it froze up. Now I can't get it to do anything. On the view screen there is three bars-red,green and blue. It flashes intermitently but that's it. I tried putting in new batteries but it didn't work. The only way to shut it off is to remove the batteries. Is this a trouble code or something? help....

Did you ever get an answer and resolve the red,green,blue view screen problem? My 612 just did this at my father-in-laws funeral and I missed the opportunity to capture many family photos. I would really appreciate knowing if you were able to resolve the problem and how you did it.

Thanks,
Tracey

Old 12-30-04, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator
It sounds as if coolball has shelved the HP camera and replaced it with a new one.

Here is the link to HP's support page.

You can look through the FAQ page and talk with a support person if your answer cannot be found.

Let us know what you find out.