Hooking up digital camera


Old 03-07-05, 06:17 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Hooking up digital camera

I just went through the messages already posted on this subject but I still have a problem. I bought a Dell 4600 and it came with the usual USB cord.. BUT, the cord has a small square end and a long narrow end. I realize that the long thin end goes on my camera. However, the small square end has no place to go on the back of my computer... Nothing matches... and this is the cord that came with my computer. Am I missing something?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-05, 08:40 PM
GregH's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 9,733

The cable that has a small square end with the other end fitting a usb connector is the type that normally is used on a device like a printer.

You would need a usb to usb cable.
Take your camera to a computer store and get a cable that fits your camera and has a usb connector on the other end.

What make and model is your camera?

Moderator note: I split your question from the end of a different thread which was a different subject.
Old 05-22-05, 04:25 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
The easier solution would be to buy a cheap card reader. Less than 20 bucks and should work fine
Old 05-26-05, 06:53 PM
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: United States
Posts: 2,535
Use of a reader is highly recommended. That topic has been discussed many times.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes