Turn your 35mm SLR into a digital Camera?

Old 04-03-05, 05:16 PM
Happy I did it
Visiting Guest
Smile Turn your 35mm SLR into a digital Camera?

I came across this post in my Photographic Forum & if this is a real emerging technology Can you imagine all the super deal going on today with SLRs & accesories today? After reading the post & checking out the information on the people behind this conversion I know all you know.

Has anyone else heard anything about this? It may well be a pipe dream but then again who knows?

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...39&forum_id=72

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-05, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator
Looks very interesting.

The thread that you linked to was started in Sept of 2002.
The mfr has a website listing this product but in it they say that "Our growth will be driven by........". Link

Looks like in the 2 1/2 years since that thread was started the company hasn't been able to get it off the ground.

Old 04-03-05, 10:51 PM
Happy I did it
Visiting Guest
Smile Not that good for Camera Companys

That's a long time to get a product out that was close enough to sell at one time. If I were Nikon or cannon this is something I would buy the patent & it would never see the light of day.

From what I read it will be a while before we see Film and film camaras dissaper. One thing is for sure when you sign up for Photography classes they tell you to bring a manual film camera. Only time will tell but I don't see a real large market for a Film/digital hybrid.

Old 05-22-05, 01:28 PM
cprevost
Visiting Guest
This technology is essentially dead. There were a few companies working on this idea early on. Now that digital is more popular than film and taking more and more marketshare it isn't a feasable idea anymore.

Search this Thread