Snapfish Photo

Old 08-30-05, 12:55 PM
Snapfish Photo

I had been using H.P.'s hpphoto site to send digital pics. to friends and family. H.P. switched to Snapfish Photo. Has anybody had any experinces with Snapfish? I had them a couple years ago and was not happy with their site so i switched to the H.P. site,but now that H.P. has taken over them i'm not able to send any pictures to friends even though i get a confirmation that the pics were sent. My friends have not received them either.
I have sent e-mail to H.P. and snapfish customer service yesterday,but have not heard from them.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-05, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator
daswede,

I have no experience with this type of service but wonder if it wouldn't be simpler to just email pics yourself.
Depending on your internet speed you would have to resize and make the file size smaller but this would give you control of the process.

I personally do not like the idea of giving someone's email address to a service not being exactly sure what they will do with it.
It would be interesting to read the user agreement to see if they admit to using the email addresses for their own purposes or offering them for sale........... Nothing is really free.

Old 08-31-05, 05:58 AM
I'm in the process of changing my internet provider. This web site claims that they don't sell,share,etc. info with anybody else,but your right about guranteeing that.
I'm rather surprised that H.P. would align itself with such a organization that
can't deliever. i contacted H.P. about this site and they said to contact Snapfish. After i explained i couldn't get a hold of snapfish and thats why i was calling them because H.P. supports Snapfish.
I'm looking into other ways to send photos.

Old 08-31-05, 09:53 AM
There are lots of free image hosting sites such as photobucket.com. Even Yahoo.com has a free photo album to share pictures.

Old 08-31-05, 09:59 AM
Yes. I found a couple today i'm checking out. Thanks

Old 08-31-05, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator
daswede,

I use Photobucket and chose it based on more than one review that all said Photobucket is the least invasive in terms of spam and pop-ups.
I only use it to link images to here but I believe they may have a blog site that you can use as a web page.
You have to watch because some photo hosts do not allow linking which is handy if you ever wanted to show a pic on a site like diy.com.

I'm still curious though because you mentioned the ability to email pictures.
Is this what you use the photo host for?

Old 08-31-05, 10:52 AM
Yes. I take digital pics. of family, and friends,special events and send them
using one of those online photo sites. Pretty simple you would think.
I just used Yahoo's photo site as suggested and as i was uploading 3 pics from my computer to the site a message said 8 mins. left to complete the uploading. Not acceptable for only 3 photos me thinks. I'm using a dial-up,soon to change to DSL service.

Old 08-31-05, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator
daswede,

If you are interested maybe you could just email them directly.
What you will need to do is resize the images and save them at a lower resolution than what they are when they come out of your camera.
The reason it takes so long to upload your pictures is because they are too big.
You will need a photo editing program to shrink the images but I'm sure you can get one that is shareware or you might already have a program with the software that came with the camera.

If you want help with this we need some info:
What make and model camera do you have and what is the mp resolution?
What do you use for your email; hotmail, outlook express .......?
Do you use the camera's software for removing pics from the camera?

Old 08-31-05, 12:32 PM
Greg H,
H.P. 720 camera with 3.3 mp
Using Yahoo
I can delete pics in the camera itself

I download pics from camera to computer(Compaq presario) by way of a camera dock. I assume camera has software internally to do this because all i have to do is click download on dock and pics appear in "my pics." file.
From there i wa suploading pics to The H.P. photo site,which was really fast,
but as i mentioned H.P. aquired this Snapfish photo site.
Strange now that you mention file size that the H.P.site was much faster,seconds, loading than Yahoo. Maybe different formats??