Digital Camera Speed Question

Old 05-10-06, 10:42 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Post Digital Camera Speed Question

Hi,

I currently have n older 3.0 Megapixel digital camera and what annoys me is that when you press the buttn, it takes some time before the shot is taken. I want to get a new camera and want to know what I need to look for in a camera that will take shots quicker.

Thanks,

sweetboy

Old 05-11-06, 07:18 AM
Group Moderator
Received 63 Votes on 52 Posts
Referred to as shutter lag. I just took a quick browse at digital cameras rated by Consumers Report and the lag time varies from 0.2 to 2.9 seconds.

Their best rated is the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W5. They show msrp as $220 and the rating chart lists it with a 0.4 sec lag time.

Old 05-22-06, 10:45 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lag Time

You can possibly compensate for the lag time by partially depressing the button and holding it until you are ready to take the shot. This will set the exposure and focus in preparation for actually taking the picture. Then when your subject is ready depress the button the rest of the way. Of course this works if you have time to setup the shot to begin with. If you are shooting sporting events or some other fast action event it may not work. In those cases, however, you can go to "manual" mode and set the focus and exposure manually - lest we forget, that's how it used to be done!

Bob

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: