Can NOT open Photos, as Attachment

Old 12-02-06, 12:11 PM
Can NOT open Photos, as Attachment

Hi:
There are several photos I e-mailed to my friend who lives next door.

She said that she could not open Photos due to the following error message:
-------------------------------------
"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing
this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control Panel."
------------------------------------------------------
Her computer is about 6-years old with older programs plus older All-in-One while mine is one year old with Photosmart.
I sent all photos through Picture Folders < My Document.

Upon e-mailing, all photos as attachment was 'bluish' icon, but became 'round reddish' in her computer. Why did this happen? Is this to be a blame on my computer, or what else?

My question is;
How to e-mail photos as attachment on which my receipients are easy to open?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-06, 01:04 PM
In detail: I just forgot to mention.

I went to her house to look at her computer.

Photos I e-miled yesterday converted to 'ArcSoftWare Suite'/PhotoImpression 4' that came with the computer. My computer has NO ArcSoftware Suite.

At first, I put the SD card in the Printer which is Photosmart, ... one year old and saved them in My Document. From there, I e-mailed those photos by using 'send to' < File.

Is there a conflict in between her program, 'ArcSoftware Suite' and 'Photosmart' that I used to transfer photos from Digital Camera?

My major concern is, ... How to e-mail Photos which my receipients can open easily?

Thanks,

Old 12-02-06, 02:42 PM
If the file is a jpg (jpeg) file, then her computer can open it. Does your email program save the sent mail? If yes, look at it to see the name of the attachment. If not, send her another and look at the name before you hit the send button. It will be something like xyz00123.jpg or my_dog.jpg.

You might also open the picture on your computer, then save it and give it a descriptive name. Use the "save as" option and also make sure to select the jpg (jpeg) option.

Old 12-02-06, 03:08 PM
Hi:
Thanks for the response.

I e-mailed another Photo to her and she said she could open Photo,,,,, but
in the second computer. She said she still can NOT open Photo in the first computer. I e-mailed her several times, one photo at a time to her different e-mail addresses she has.

What is a problem she's encountering, ... she can open photo in the second computer, but can NOT open it in the first computer? The 'two' computers are exact same features with same speed and age.

Is this,... 'can not open Photo,' to be her 'first computer' has a problem?
Because, there is NO problem of opening Photo in the second computer.

If in that case, how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Old 12-03-06, 04:39 PM
Though the two computers may look the same, the software my be different. Or it could be a problem with the first email provider. I rarely use my hotmail account for pictures as it will not always work with pictures.

It could also be that the first computer has been corrupted - either a bad spot on the hard drive or a virus.

Can you neighbor transfer the pictures between the computers? Have her save the picture on the second computer, then mail it to the first one.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Search this Thread