Buying a Kodak or Fuji camera, need advice...

Old 12-08-06, 04:43 AM
Buying a Kodak or Fuji camera, need advice...

I'm looking at buying a new digital camera for my daugther. I have it narrowed down to two I like, a Kodak C360 5.0 megapixs, or a Fuji E550 6.3 megapixs. I know Kodak is a good brand name, Fuji I knew sold film, but I not sure how good their camers are. The megapixs are not my main concern, it's the quality of the camera I'm looking for. I don't really know that much about cameras and I'm looking for any advice on these two brands. Thank you.........

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-06, 12:17 PM
I did a little reading reviews on the 2 cameras and to be honest, I would go for something else. You could look into the Sony Cybershot S500 b/c it's w/in the same price range as the Fuji and the reviews on the Sony are far better. I definitely don't know that much about cameras but I do know how to read reviews. Just my personal thought and opinion. I'm sure others will have great ideas and better responses so check back

Besides that...I'm just a Sony freak.

BTW: I don't even own a Sony digital camera.

Old 12-08-06, 01:22 PM
Buying a Kodak or Fuji camera,

Whatever you buy, you will end up getting a larger card to store more pictures. It ias a convenience you will never regret because you will shoot many more photos (maybe not print them) than you ever thought you would. It is just easy. My first digital came with a 64 MB card and I went out and bougt a 1 GB for about $50.

If you used any devices that also uses a card, you may want a camera that uses the same type for convenience. Some cameras use different types.

Dick

Old 12-08-06, 01:51 PM
Wink

Have had a Fujifilm A345 Finepix now for over a year. Works like a deam.It will also do a short video. Can put right on the pc or just show them on the TV. After all kind of cameras . I like this the best Also it use 2 AA batt.. Like Dick said they come with 64 chip . But get 120 also. You dont need over a 5 Mega Pixels if your not going to blow the pic up to a 8X 10

Old 12-08-06, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator
grantiman,

It's pretty hard to go wrong with most of the name brands.
Generally when asked people here are happy with what they have.
In order to compare cameras you would do well to compare features because they all can do slightly different things.
As an example when shopping for my wife's camera I found in the cameras I looked at the Canon A610 I bought had a swing out viewing screen that allows you to place the camera in awkward positions and still be able to frame the shot.
Another thing I was quite surprised at was in Panasonic's cameras.
Most of their models get very good reviews but many of their cameras don't have an optical viewfinder.
People who want to steady their camera for a blurr free shot cannot brace the camera against their face to steady it. Instead they have to commit the ultimate photographer's crime by waving the camera at the end of extended arms.
You should research what these cameras can do before making the plunge.
A bit of advice I can offer is pick a price bracket you can afford and then spend a bit more. You might find that the extra features or quality you get will be worth it considering how long these things actually last.

Here are two reviews on the cameras you are looking at.
I find this site to be quite thorough and objective.
You can look on their site for other reviews on cameras you might consider buying.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/c360.html
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/fuji_e550.html

Old 12-10-06, 10:19 AM
Can't go wrong with either one. My preference would be the Kodak since several family members have them are really like them. They like the easy-dock system and the quality is good.

You're right about the number of pixels. The difference between 5 and 6 megs isn't that much unless your daughter is going to make lots of big enlargments.

I would rank Kodak about even with Sony overall. Tops on my list are Canon and Nikon.

Old 12-16-06, 10:22 AM
I've used a Fuji S2 Pro professionally for 3 years now without 1 single problem
From that alone, I'd say buy the Fuji
The majority of the guts in Fuji cameras are actually Nikon, can't do better than that