question?...(memory card lost photos)

Old 08-01-07, 11:09 PM
question?...(memory card lost photos)

Is there a way that you can recover pictures from your memory card from your digital cam or when they are deleted they're gone forever?

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-07, 04:25 AM
Super Moderator
Could they be in your recycle bin?

Yes there is.
Recovery software is available and you can try a trial version.

I have Lexar Photo Rescue that came with a flash card but am unsure if it comes as a trial.
Just Google "Image Recovery Software" and you will find many programs to do this for you.
Some free trials will let you fully recover the first image and then will put a watermark on the rest of the images which you can remove by buying the program.

Maybe someone else has direct experience with a free one.

I will add that if you have reformatted the card or put new data on it the job becomes more difficult.

Last edited by GregH; 08-02-07 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-18-07, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator
I am curious if you tried to get your images back.

Old 08-20-07, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by GregH View Post
Yes there is.
Recovery software is available and you can try a trial version.

Just Google "Image Recovery Software" and you will find many programs to do this for you.
Some free trials will let you fully recover the first image and then will put a watermark on the rest of the images which you can remove by buying the program.

Maybe someone else has direct experience with a free one.

I will add that if you have reformatted the card or put new data on it the job becomes more difficult.
I will just tell you one url:
http://recovery-review.com/

And you won't have to google anymore. There are a lot of reviews of popular recovery software. See Flash disk recovery section there. For example, SoftAmbulance Photo Undelete (http://recovery-review.com/flash-disk-recovery/softambulance-photo-undelete-1-16.html) is a good one.

Go ahead and read some reviews, and decide what app fits you best.

Old 08-20-07, 08:30 PM
question

I downloaded some of the programs but they don't detect my camera, they only give me the option of look in the hard drives, but they don't show the camera. I tried with my nephew's camera and they detect it like an external device, but not my camera, I don't know why. Any recomendations?

Thanks.

Old 08-21-07, 03:35 AM
Super Moderator
Which program are you using?
Are there possibly images or a file structure on your nephew's camera?

There should be a way of pointing the software to your camera in the file or tools menu.

Old 08-21-07, 05:19 AM
Originally Posted by ccmarnaj View Post
I downloaded some of the programs but they don't detect my camera, they only give me the option of look in the hard drives, but they don't show the camera. I tried with my nephew's camera and they detect it like an external device, but not my camera, I don't know why. Any recomendations?

Thanks.
You should try to use cardreader instead of recovering directly from the camera. Or try to borrow a different camera, that can be detected by the software.

Old 08-21-07, 01:25 PM
question

I downloaded pc-inspector, digital photo recovery, recuva....., and none of them read my camera, I can't use other cameras because the memory card it's not the same as mine, mine it's a Kodak DC4800, with the big memory card.

Old 08-21-07, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator
Plug in the camera and look for it in "My Computer"
If you can see the camera as a drive then the recovery software should see it.
You may have to go into the software menu to locate the camera.

If this doesn't work then a card reader like Erikk suggested is not that expensive and would be good to try.
If you do get one pick a model that reads all cards.

If you still cannot see the card then you might want to take one picture and then see if you can then find it.
It is possible that if the card was formatted the pics may be permanently deleted.

You might also want to find a computer nerd to double check what you are doing.
Like any 13 yo young 'un.