Super Enlargement

Old 04-17-09, 05:58 AM
Super Enlargement

I'm wondering how one might take a landscape shot with the intention of blowing it up to create a custom wall mural that is 190" x 75". Would I hire someone with a special camera or is this something done with a regular camera and special software? I'm thinking that if I take a shot with my regular camera (12MP) that it won't have enough resolution to enlarge that much (I'm not a photographer) and still look good.
Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-09, 06:34 AM
You could do a search on "custom wall murals" as there are companies that can convert your photos to murals. They should also be able to tell you if your camera is suitable, probably is, and any other requirements.

Bud

Old 04-17-09, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator
The mp resolution of the camera you use is important but more so is the quality of the image.
A 10 mp image from a point and shoot camera would not produce near as good a quality image as one from an SLR camera with a larger sensor.
Also important is the camera settings and if you use a tripod or not.
Even with image stabilization you will get a better picture if you use a tripod.

If you had a specific scene you wanted to do this with you could either hire a professional with a pro camera or maybe find a hobbiest that was looking for a project.

I did a quick search and found a range of companies that will make a mural from your image.
The price ranges from $500.00 to $1400.00 depending what kind of media you want it printed on.