Video won't show up on camera, help.....

Old 04-24-09, 11:13 AM
Video won't show up on camera, help.....

I took two videos with my Canon A540 camera and saved them in my documents. I bought a bigger new memory card and i want to put these videos on the new card. I put the card in my card reader, dragged and dropped the videos from my documents on the new card. I can play the videos while they're on the new card in the card reader, but when I put the card in my camera the videos will not show up there. Am I doing something wrong?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-09, 02:05 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You bought a SD- HD card (probably 8 Gb) and they won't work in your camera. You can use them in a PDA, but not a camera.

Old 04-24-09, 03:49 PM
I bought a 2GB Scandisk SD card, its not an HD. My old card that I took these videos off of was also a Scandisk SD, but it was only 1GB.

Old 04-24-09, 04:33 PM
Do some cameras require that the new sd card be 'formatted' in the camera ? If you camera menu has some kind of 'format' command, then try that (format in camera, then put in computer's reader and copy the files over, then put card back in camera to check if they're now viewable).

Old 04-24-09, 05:37 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Dave is probably onto the right track. I only suggested what I did because I did it, not knowing the HD was worthless in the camera. I did get it to work in my PDA, so no loss.