editing a video

Old 07-02-09, 10:05 PM
editing a video

How do i edit a video in roxio easy media creator 7.5. i shot a 40 minute video with my digital camera and want to get down to around 10 minutes. i want to do this by deleting parts of the video in between the start the and end of the video. but with this software all i can do is adjust where the video starts and stops. it won't let me edit parts of the movie in between.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-09, 04:27 AM
Group Moderator
I'm not very famniliar with Roxio, but I'm surprised you can't edit more with it. I use Nero and that's a pretty basic function. Anyway, if there is no option to cut sections out I think your only other option would be multiple operations of cuting it into segments and then putting the segments into one movie. For instance if you have let's say 5 minutes you want at the beginning and then a 7 minute part you want to edit out, first make a copy of the orignal file. Next, adjust the "end" at the 5 minute mark and save the segment via "save as" into a new file name. Now reopen the original and move the "start" to the 12 minute mark and begin your next segment. Repeat as above. When all done create the finished product by importing all the sections. Should work.

Old 07-03-09, 03:00 PM
well can't use windows movie maker due to the video being a MOV file and is not supported. do i have to reshoot with anothe camera just to get the correct format. what do i need to convert the file to FLV etc.

Old 07-04-09, 01:47 AM
well here's what i did. went into roxio and selected video edit. what i did was i used adjust duration for each clip and did that over and over and the software put it into a movie with page turns in between scenes. went from 40 minutes down to 7 minutes.