Problem with Cannon WL DC 100 remote

Old 01-04-10, 02:30 PM
Problem with Cannon WL DC 100 remote

I have a Cannon Powershot G6 and cannot get the WL DC 100 remote to work. I replaced the battery and checked it with DVO meter and have 3V, also tried to take a picture of the emitter to see if there was a light or flashing but nothing shoes.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-10, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator
The only way I can suggest to check the remote is if you had an infrared camera of any kind.
I have an inexpensive USB webcam with night vision using infrared emitters and use it to check my remotes.
When the camera is in a dark room your camera remote would act like a flashlight and show up on the camera.
You would not see anything on a regular camera as they all have a coating on the lens to block infrared.
It is the lack of this coating that makes an infrared camera.

A cheaper way if you have to buy an infrared web cam is to just buy a replacement to test the camera.

Old 01-04-10, 04:10 PM
Thanks i will order a new remote.

Originally Posted by GregH View Post
The only way I can suggest to check the remote is if you had an infrared camera of any kind.
I have an inexpensive USB webcam with night vision using infrared emitters and use it to check my remotes.
When the camera is in a dark room your camera remote would act like a flashlight and show up on the camera.
You would not see anything on a regular camera as they all have a coating on the lens to block infrared.
It is the lack of this coating that makes an infrared camera.

A cheaper way if you have to buy an infrared web cam is to just buy a replacement to test the camera.