Converting Canon .MOV Video Files

Old 01-24-11, 05:58 PM
Converting Canon .MOV Video Files

I got a Canon Rebel T2i for Christmas... all is great with the camera, but I found that the video file format is .MOV which is apparently not easily compatible with Windows Media Player, etc.

Does anybody know of a conversion program that's available. I tried goggle, but the links appear to be from about 5 years ago and it looked like the various utilities that were out back then were only marginally successful.

Thanks,

Steve

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-11, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator
Do you have Quicktime? If not, download it here:
Apple - QuickTime - Download

Old 01-24-11, 06:40 PM
I was kind of hoping to avoid QuickTime because I have heard that it downloads a lot of unwanted backage along with the program. Is this true?

Old 01-24-11, 07:00 PM
I just found out that Windows Media Player Ver. 12 can play MOV files. I tested this on my Windows 7 computer and it works fine. Sadly, WMP v.12 doesn't appear to be available for Windows xP. So I guess, I am still in the hunt for my xP machine.

There doesn't appear to be anything else available other that QuickTime ... any other suggestions?

Old 01-25-11, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator
I've always had Quicktime and it didn't install anything else except Quicktime. If it offers anything else, all you need to do is uncheck them. It will give you the option first before installing.