Camcorder

Old 06-07-11, 10:33 AM
Camcorder

I have a JVC digital camcorder. Is there any way to have continous recording when i stop and start. As it is now if i'm recording my grandsons baseball game and i start when he bats and stops when he gets on base, when i go to view or copy to PC i have several thumbnails every time i started and stopped.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-11, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator
What model do you have. If I understand correctly..what you are doing will give those results. There may be a "pause" function though. Old style VCCs had that.

Old 06-07-11, 11:22 AM
Group Moderator
My cameras are the same way. Whenever you press stop. That ends the current recording so the next time you press record another file is created. Unfortunately my cameras do not have a pause feature so I'm stuck with multiple files. Sometimes I merge separate shorter clips together into one. It's an extra step done on the computer so it's not the quickest/simplest but it works.

Old 06-07-11, 11:52 AM
So there's not a option on the camera to eliminate this? You have to merge them together on the computer? What software are you using.
Thanks

Old 06-07-11, 12:02 PM
Group Moderator
I have two or three programs that will merge videos. If I remember correctly the older versions of Microsoft movie maker could do it pretty easily but I don't know if the current version shipped with Windows 7 has the ability.

Old 06-07-11, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator
Windows Movie Maker gives the option to save the whole nmovie as one, or to break it up into the clips where you started and stopped.

When you click, capture from videao device, it should be there. I use it all the time. I use that to copy my home movies to the computer. I use AVI format because you lose no quality.

I find movie maker the best at coverting to AVI, and thats all I use it for. I still use mini DV cassettes because it has the best quality over other digital formats.

Then I use Ulead video studio to edit, and convert to mpeg for DVD authoring.

There are other programs out there, but this is what I use.

Mike NJ

Old 06-08-11, 05:13 AM
Ok. Thanks for the info, i'll give movie maker a try. By the way my camera is a JVC M#GZ-MG630AU.

Search this Thread