Old Film I Need Developed.

Old 03-10-12, 02:42 PM
Old Film I Need Developed.

I just found old 35mm film that wasn't developed yet; they go back to 1983. They were in a box in a dark place, should I bring them to a professional or just take them to a kisok- will it make a difference? Thank You in advance for any help!!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-12, 02:49 PM
If you value the images, definitely go to a professional and not a 1 hour service.

I would suggest getting a quality digital disk in case the photos need to be corrected, repaired or enhanced. Old films require care to bring back the contents.

Dick

Old 03-10-12, 03:43 PM
Thank You. I don't even know whats on them, but I can't wait to see!!

Old 03-10-12, 07:48 PM
I agree go to a professional perhaps to a photographer who might be willing to develop your photos. But be prepared to be disappointed as the older film gets the harder it is to develop and this was from an instructor I had in high school who was very skilled in what he did. I really wish you luck but I am kind of doubtful about a successful outcome. You never know though it might work it just depends on a great deal of factors such as temperature and moisture conditions where it was stored.

Old 03-10-12, 07:51 PM
If you have digital images, you will be surprised or even shocked how well they can be restored if they are important enough to take that step.

Dick

Old 03-13-12, 04:01 PM
ok professional it is, with a cd copy no matter what; you're right Dick, these programs now may be able to fix any bad pics- Thanks Everyone!!

Old 03-13-12, 11:50 PM
Let us know how it works I am very interested. One thing that is interesting to know if you have slides is that you can buy a slide copier that will put your slides on the computer. My friend bought one of those and was very pleased. He sent me some pictures in an e-mail and I thought they looked really great. Also scanners can do copies of 35mm film so take a look at those. Many can make pdf documents of important files now too. Good luck to you!