SD Cards

Old 06-29-13, 06:16 AM
SD Cards

I have an older digi camera, Nikon L2 from 2006, and need a new SD card for it. My question is will a SDHC card work in it and what is the GB limits for this model? I got a 2 pack of 2GB SDHC cards this morning and want to be sure they'll work before I open them rendering them unreturnable. I looked at the L2 manual a little online and did not see any guidance in there. Thanks for any advice!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-13, 12:38 AM
gastorms1 I wasn't sure of your question myself so I did a quick Google search and found the answer on e-how here is the link The Difference Between SD & SDHC Memory Cards | eHow. SD cards are different from SDHC cards, SDHC stands for Secure Digital High Capacity and it works with a different memory configuration so your cards will not work in your camera. Take a look at page 83 of the manual and it will tell you the highest capacity SD card you can use. I didn't save the file so I can't look for you.

That is a nice point and shoot camera that you have. I have the Nikon D3000 digital SLR camera and I am not sure but I think it can use SDHC cards. I would have to look at the manual to be absolutely certain. If you decide you want to upgrade to a different camera Nikon's digital SLR cameras are not too heavy and they have decent quality lenses. Have a nice day!

Old 06-30-13, 01:34 AM
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I'll look for an SD card.