Memory Card Won't Format

Old 05-30-14, 07:31 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Memory Card Won't Format

I have a Canon Rebel T1i.
I bought a new class 10 32gb card but the camera won't recognize it or format it. Is this card "too much" for this camera?
I thought the best card would be great.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-14, 08:27 AM
It shouldn't be too much for the camera. I don't have that particular camera but I do have a Kodak point and shoot with an adjustable lens and a Nikon DSLR. The Kodak takes about the least amount of memory out there and my Nikon can take more which is one of the reasons for purchasing it. Based just on my experience with my Kodak I really think it should work. There is a tiny switch on the side of the card that you can slide up or down to lock the card. Is the card in the lock position or half way between locked and unlocked? Check that out and then your cameras documentation.

If you can't find a manual for the camera most manufacturers offer a manual online that will allow you to check specifications for the camera including memory card specifications.

Old 05-30-14, 09:21 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I got it to work. You got me thinking. It wasn't the protection switch, it was the micro adapter. I placed the micro card in a different adapter and it works now.

I now have space for thousands of photos at very high resolution.

Thanks.

Old 05-30-14, 12:28 PM
I am glad it is working for you. I forgot that some cameras have micro card adapters as I have never used them myself and have always relied on the full size card.

Search this Thread