Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Recreational Hobbies, Photography, Arts and Crafts > Photography - Digital & Film
Reload this Page > Help needed in taking photos and video at the press of a button

Help needed in taking photos and video at the press of a button

Old 12-28-15, 11:11 PM
Question Help needed in taking photos and video at the press of a button

Hi,
This is my first ever attempt on a DIY project like this. So here in this project I am trying to set up a 4 camera set up whcih can take videos/photos at the press of a button.

Things which I will need:
1. 4 micro cameras(the ones which are very small in size) with good shutter speed and sensor. The cameras will often travel at 20 to 30mph. So I guess good shutter speed is needed.
2. 2 Push buttons. One will start and stop taking pictures really fast, and the other will do the same for video
3. Battery which can last atleast taking 50 images/1 min of video recording.
4. 4 or 1 Microsd cards and the connector. 1 in case I can get a really good microsd card which can write all the images/videos from 4 cameras at once. If not one. Is there anyway I would be able to set up a common adapter to all these cards, so when connected to a computer it will show up as 4 different drives?
5. I think it will also need a small arduino board with micro controller, I am not sure.
So I think thats it, If I have missed anything do let me know.

Now I will need help in buying these, as in suggestions for products which will be an apt choice for this project. Also I need a basic idea on how to build this thing.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Last edited by Shadeladie; 12-29-15 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Soliciting offers not allowed
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-15, 11:25 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

Just passing thru and saw your request. Are you trying to build something like the Gopro ?
If you aren't aware of Gopro.... look them up.

Old 12-28-15, 11:35 PM
No no, its not like GoPro. Its something more like a toy. I am really sorry but I can't give you the whole picture of the final product. I hope you understand.

Thanks anyway. I think I gave the wrong idea here as I said good sensor and all. It just needs an average sensor, but better than those really cheap smartphone cameras. The final product will be nothing compared to gopro in anyway haha!

Old 12-29-15, 03:03 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
There are any number of small cameras made for mount on things like drones and other RC devices. For example: Smallest 18G FPV Micro Video Camera for RC Airplane, RC Helicopter, RC Car w/ FREE 2GB Memory Card

Old 12-29-15, 03:06 AM
Group Moderator
Why was your post in the Alarm forum? I have moved it to Photography. If that is incorrect let us know.

Old 12-29-15, 04:00 AM
Hi,
I prefer camera modules so that I have more control over it without taking it apart. I will connect 4 cameras atleast to this and all of it will be controlled by a 2 buttons!

1 for taking pictures and stopping it and the other for capturing videos and stop capturing videos.

Hi ray2047,
I posted it in security and surveillance forum so that people will be familiar with these arduino boards and pinhole cameras! I was not sure if people in here would be well versed in these kind of things! Sorry.

Old 12-29-15, 08:08 AM
Group Moderator
I'll move it back if you want. Just PM me.

Search this Thread