Vivitar 786 HD

Old 11-13-16, 11:35 AM
Vivitar 786 HD

Here is the camera I just bought and received Vivitar DVR786 HD

I have two questions please:

Question #1:

It came with an accessory which is called Xit Photo. Here is the link to the picture of what looks to be what I have. I just don't quite know what it is used for though. From looking at the picture and the description I think you can put the SD card in it and then plug it into a computer or smart tv and view videos or images. But if I try to plug in my SD card it does not quite fit and don't want to force it in there. Also, there is another port on this gadget and don't know what plugs into that.

Question #2:

What piece of equipment/interface do I need so that I can view on my smart TV what is being recorded by this recorder as it is being recorded; not only after is has been recorded. I would like to watch "real time" recording on the TV.

Thanks to all of you for your help

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-16, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator
I took a quick look at the manual and there is no mention of a live view function.
I doubt the image sensor is robust enough to be continuously on like a security camera is.

Old 11-15-16, 06:41 AM
Thank you GregH. I am still researching it and attempting to contact the maker of the camera for their tech support. Hopefully I can do it. It is fun at a party to set the camera up in front of the TV and let people come in front of it and watch themselves on tv saying "hello" and just verbally blogging about the party etc. Then posting snaps and short video on social media for those that were at the party to watch. Just seems fun.