I am in dire need of assistance

Old 08-08-02, 01:51 PM
dcaputo
Visiting Guest
Question I am in dire need of assistance

I have a '93 chevy asto extended van that needs electrical hook up for my little pop-up camper. No one seems to be able to do it? I looked in the van's manual for wire location and they aren't where they should be. Can I be this retarded? Is there anyone out there that can give me a clue on what to do? I really don't want to spend the $200 to have it done. I am pretty mechanically inclined and I have done some electrically work in cars before. Please help!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-02, 02:01 PM
JoeandChristal
Visiting Guest
I would love to help....but have one small question,
by electrical hook-up,do you mean brake/turn signal,electric brake,or do mean a battery/charge connection between trailer and veh?....

Old 08-08-02, 02:48 PM
dcaputo
Visiting Guest
to answer your question

I mean so that the tail lights on the camper coinside with the lights on my van. My camper doesn't have brakes.

Old 08-09-02, 10:42 PM
Most auto parts stores sell a connector that plugs directly in line to your existing GM connector. These usally have very good instructions with them. Install will take approx 10 minutes and works very well.

Old 08-13-02, 04:09 PM
Joe, in the automotive forum answered that question with the manufacture and part numbers. If you look thru the forum you should find it. good luck