electrical problem

Old 08-28-02, 02:02 AM
ralrum
Visiting Guest
Question electrical problem

hi i have a 1988 ford f150 i 6 4.9l and i have a low voltage short some where.i desconnected the neg.bat cable and then with a test light i hooked up one end up to batt. neg post and then touched the other end to neg. cable and it lit up.i might be wrong but doesn't that show a short.plus while i had it hooked up i pulled the fuses one by one till the light went out but it didn,t.i was just wondering if anyone had any ideals and maybe a known trouble spot on 88 ford f150.it's not strong enough to kill battery but hard to start in the morning.thanks for any help any one can give me larry

Old 08-28-02, 05:25 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
it is an indication of a draw do you have a hood light if so you need to disconnect it and also need to have doors closed when pulling fuses are atleast holding in on the door switch so you are not seeing the dome light draw, if it still does not go out try disconnecting the alternater and see if it goes out.

Old 09-01-02, 10:30 AM
ralrum
Visiting Guest
ithank you alot bejay cause once i closed my door it went out.now i did self tesr in eef-iv for trouble codes and got the code 32 with it off and while it was running and the haynes book i got doesn't have that code in it and just wondering if anyone knew what this code is and i cann't believe that is the only code i got for such an old truck any help would be great i just need to know what it is and if it is easy to change.thanks a million

Last edited by ralrum; 09-02-02 at 05:25 AM.
Old 09-02-02, 09:49 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
i believe it has to do with the egr position senor reading out of range they call it a evp sensor usually if it isnt reading between .4 and .6 volts in the closed position it will set that code if you do replace it sometimes you have to shim it to get it reading the correct voltage, it is easy to change but you do need a voltmeter to probe the evp signal wire to determine if it is set correctly. you should be able to get code definition at this site below.
http://www.cybrrpartspro.com/Manual%...delLookup.html

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: