fiberglass truck caps


Old 09-01-02, 03:27 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
fiberglass truck caps

I need to replace what appears to be plywood in the bottom rails of my fiberglass truck cap. The plywood is totally enclosed by the fiberglass cap. It looks like the plywood was used to stiffen the lower rail. Has anyone attempted, or possibly have any info on how to tackle this problem.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-04, 07:02 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Smile Repairing fiberglass truck cap

This is a problem that fiberglass boats have, using wood as a stiffener. I have use a product "West System Epoxy" . They have literature on fixing a problem such as yours. You can go to their web site which is www.westsystem .com. If there is a West Marine store or a Boat US store near you they should carry this product. If not, some hardware stores carry it. If you have any more questions reply back. Hope this will be of some help.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes