78 ford auto shifter

Old 10-04-02, 08:37 AM
78 ford auto shifter

I have a 77 F250 w auto trans and the shifter collar is busted. They actually call it a flange. Sitting here wishing I had paid a bit more attn and took apart earlier and fix a missing bolt,,, but anyway. Ford still stocks the part and there is another part or 2 missing/broken that even the factory serv manual doesnt show. Has anyone run across a good aftermarket replacement shifter setup for these. There are thousands of them,, I would think someone has done this.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-02, 06:42 PM
You could most likely buy an entire column cheaper than repairing yours at a junkyard.I would take a real close look at the front cab mounts if they are bad they will cause this problem.I know it happened to me.

Old 10-12-02, 11:52 AM
Any used stuff is going to be just about as bad,, I am going to have to look for some used little parts in the junkyard though as they were unavailable. The main collar that I needed was still there thru ford. My cab is great,, this is an everyday work truck,,you could drive across country at any time, been refurbished. Screw came loose in this thing and I ignore it I guess.

Old 10-12-02, 12:58 PM
Looking at your post again ,why not give summit racing a call see if they have a floor shifter suited to your needs.