Pop-Up Camper

Old 11-09-02, 02:36 PM
rlrcstrs
Visiting Guest
Pop-Up Camper

A few years ago when I was married we bought a Coleman pop-up camper. It was SO much fun. It was a Sun Valley and the roof raised at the press of a button.

I would love to buy one next year, perhaps a smaller one, but still a good quality pop-up, but I am concerned that as a woman I would have difficulty setting it all up. Raising the roof is okay, it is pulling out the beds, setting up the sink area inside, and then folding it down.

It is five years since I have owned one and I am wondering if they have since got even easier to erect to make this possible for a woman to do by herself.

Also, in addition to Coleman, what are the other good brands and where is the best place to buy one?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-02, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator
rlrcstrs:
I haven't looked at tent campers for a few years but the power raise units were only available in the larger sizes.
I had one when my kids were growing up and really wasn't that happy with it. Mine was a crank-up model which worked OK. The problem I had was that there wasn't enough storage space when the unit was down for travelling. Three kids and two adults filled the box of a crew cab pick-up with stuff. There was no room to leave any of our camping stuff in the pop-up so we had to store the equipment in our shed and then repack the truck the next time.
I had a quick look at a few web sites for these and maybe they have improved.
How far will you be going, how many people and what kind of vehicle will you be pulling it with?

Old 11-24-02, 01:11 PM
dzl ken
Visiting Guest
Would be best to visit some dealers, get a hands-on feeling for the units.
Do you have annual RV shows in you area?

Old 12-13-02, 04:09 PM
bdelutis
Visiting Guest
camper

We just sold a Palimino pop-up camper and my wife had no problem putting it up and folding it down. It has lots of storage space and is roomy when set-up.
As for a place to buy if you are in the GTA area I would recommend Halton Trailers in Georgetown.