'93' chevy pick-up ck1500,4wd,4.3litre tbi,4l60e

Old 03-09-03, 08:13 PM
toivo
Visiting Guest
'93' chevy pick-up ck1500,4wd,4.3litre tbi,4l60e

my gas mileage has gone down dramatically. o2 sensor is working perfectly, tps is working, air filter is clean, it seems as though the injectors pulse reading is too high. where does the injector receive its pulse from ? i'm wondering if the map sensor is malfunctioning, because its reading seems high also. would knock sensor retard timing because it seems sluggish? and then cause higher fuel consumption. signed, mr t.

Old 03-09-03, 09:00 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
suggest checking for codes in the computer for starters, when was the last time the vehicle was tuned up, also might check timing to make sure its still set to spec. if the map sensor is reading high you might make sure it has a good supply of vacum sometimes the vacum ports can get clogged and cause very little vacum to actually get to the sensor.the ecm sends the injector its pulse based on several sensor readings, unless the engine is knocking or you are getting a reoccuring esc code i doubt that the knock sensor is retarding the timing.

Old 03-09-03, 10:40 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
My guess is that it just need a general tune up. I would start with chaining your plugs and plug wires. I think your injectors are getting old and dirty, causing your ECM to increase the fuel being sent to get proper combustion. Your problem would be worse with old plugs or plugs that need to be. Just giving you something to think about, hope it works out for you.

Old 03-10-03, 07:34 PM
toivo
Visiting Guest
93 chevy truck

to,mat the plugs are probably getting old, wires are fairly new so i'll try the plugs first. thank you very much.i'll keep you posted. toivo

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: