90 Dodge Ramcharger

Old 03-22-03, 09:06 AM
david arrington
Visiting Guest
90 Dodge Ramcharger

Odometer quit working. I know it is electrical driven. Any idea how to trouble shoot to find why it quit. The speedometer works fine. Could the trip mileage have caused the odometer to quit?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-03, 04:55 PM
the maintence required light can be reset using a scanner a shop shouldnt charge very much to reset it for you i would call around and get some estimates it really just takes a few minutes. with the odometer not working you probably have a speedometer problem and will need to be replaced to get functioning again, the odometer and speedometer is usually one unit and is not servicable as individual components.

Old 03-23-03, 03:59 AM
I agree with bejay, and would add that around that year dodge had one piece instrument clusters that had to be replaced as one unit.

Old 04-01-03, 08:42 PM
Your gonna have to pull it out of the dash. I would either take it to a speedometer/instrument repair shop...check your yellow pages or go to www.car-part.com and search for a used one. I'm on about 6 boards on the web, you might want to come and visit another good site www.ramchargercentral.com
Can't have too much information!