speaker replacement

Old 04-11-03, 08:08 PM
riggs206
Visiting Guest
speaker replacement

I have a 96 Chevy Silverado extended cab. I would like to know how to replace the rear speakers. Is there a certain way that the side cover panels come off. I have only seen a couple of screws and I am sure there is something else that is holding the panels on.

All tips and suggestions would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-03, 01:43 AM
This link will have all of the info you need. After you enter you year and model, click on Body and trim, then interior, the door panels.

Cut And Paste
http://www.cybrrpartspro.com/Manual%20Lookup/cal_ModelLookup.html

Old 04-12-03, 08:51 AM
riggs206
Visiting Guest
web address

You posted a web address that I could check out to see all the info that I needed. I could not get the address to work. Could you try and send me the web address again. I think one reason that it did not work is that the spelling was incorrect of the word
cyber. If you could repost that address so that I can just click on it, I would appreciate it.

Old 05-02-03, 10:54 PM
Harlon Alford
Visiting Guest
Those panels should be held in place by some "clips". Pieces of plastic extending from the panel with a metal clip on them. They lock into slots in the sheet metal inside the cab. A trim removal tool should be used to pry them loose. Just be careful not to lose the metal clips. And pry straight out on the panels. Any sideways pressure could break off the plastic.

Old 05-07-03, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator
Old 05-07-03, 04:17 PM
magister
Visiting Guest
Hey, that's a cool link and apparently, it relates to all kinds of procedures and vehicles; Good going, guys...

Peace Out;
R

Search this Thread