2002 dodge dakota fender bender

Old 05-15-03, 06:36 PM
JEFFRIES777
Visiting Guest
Unhappy 2002 dodge dakota fender bender

unfortunately just had a fender bender with my front bumper being hit...but only a small scratch. What's strange is i seem to have no cool air from the air conditioner! I checked the radiator fluid and its looks full. the fan on the air conditioner works fine but the air is warm. I did have a puddle of fluid under the hood on the ground...it was odorless. Any ideas what happened?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-03, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator
JEFFRIES777:

You could have jarred the condenser, which is in front of the rad, enough to crack it.
This will cause the refrigerant to leak out.

Old 05-15-03, 09:22 PM
Is the fan under the hood working? You could have knocked the fan in to the radiator. Or the fan might not be working. When you turn on the AC dose the fan under the hood spin? Check all of your AC lines for kinked or pinched hoses.

Old 05-20-03, 01:19 AM
Another thing to look at is vaccum lines.. If memory serves correct, the purge canister and solenoid are mounted on the passanger side of the engine compartment, and those vaccum lines tie (indirectly) into the vaccum lines for the heater control/Ac system...A/C could be working fine, but just getting heat instead due to vaccum problem...

Search this Thread