85 S10

Old 01-20-04, 12:54 PM
85 S10

I have an 85 s10 2.8ltr 4wheel drive truck.... On the way home from work it died and i needed to get it towed.....when i got it home I found out it was very low on oil.....I put 3qt of oil in and tried to turn it over...no luck....If the engine is frozen (and I believe it is ) is there and way to get it to crank to loosen it up...I'm in the process o f buying a new truck and need about 6 more weeks of use of the old 85 s10 ( I don't want to put any more cash into the truck.....any Idea's....Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-04, 11:41 PM
Depends on why the engine died. It may have died due to low oil or it may have died due to another reason.

As far as I know if the engine died due to lack of lubrication that's the end of it. Only way to fix it would be to rebuild it with new parts.

If the engine does not turn at all, also check the battery voltage (you can use a multimeter to do this) and also the starter motor. However, if it was running when it died it kind of rules out these components.

Old 01-28-04, 12:00 PM
How far do you want to go. You could drop the pan and loosen the rods a little then see if you can turn it or if the pistons are locked up also. Your dead in the water here I think. ED

Search this Thread