2002 GMC Sierra Z-71 bumping noise

Old 02-25-04, 09:16 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
2002 GMC Sierra Z-71 bumping noise

Had this truck since new and very happy with it....great truck...recently I felt and heard a bumping noise under right front from near wheel. Mosatly at low speed when turning.sounded like a loose shock. Took it to dealer and they greased a part ( I think they said Control arm )....I asked if it was supposed to be greased at normal maintenance time..they said no...said this greasing would stop it for awhile but might have to be done again....been about 6-8 months and no noise..
My question....anyone ever had a problem like this? and Should I insist that they install new parts instead of greasing old one?
Any suggestions appreciated.

Old 02-25-04, 10:37 AM
Doh!

If it was me I would require a permanent fix, I would not allow them to use a temporary fix for a problem that should be covered under warranty. I think this is like putting a band-aid on a severed limb. It will slow down the problem but will not fix it altogether. After your warranty wares out do you want to be forced to pay for a fix. I would be sure to find out what they say is causing the problem, and if this is a feature that they intend to include in the model. And why is it not covered in the owners manual. I think that will get them thinking. Its kind of like if your dash was going out would you allow a temporary fix, that you will be forced to pay for after the warranty expires? I would not allow it. And I would not let them get away with it. If I was paying how much they want for a new vehicle these days I would not allow a temporary fix.

Old 02-28-04, 06:48 PM
fordman30
Visiting Guest
I HAVE TO SAY I TOTALLY AGREE WITH WELD GOD....THE DEALSHIP WARRANTY CLAIM IS PROBALY WAY UP.SO THEY JUST PATCH IT UP JUST LIKE YOU WAS NEVER THERE.IF IT WAS ME AND MY NEW TRUCK THEY WOULD BE FORCED TO FIX IT... IF THEY DIDNT GO FIND YOU A NEWS CAMERA LOL.

Old 03-09-04, 06:07 PM
D
If they lubricated the steering stops it is the proper repair.I don't know what they actually did but that is my guess and yes it is a maintenance item to be done during an oil,lube and filter.The steering stops are metal to metal contact and keep the tire from rubbing the wheel well.Lubrication lessens the friction to reduce any noise.Call and ask if thats what they lubed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: